Pages


“Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children.” by Walt Disney

Search This Blog

Monday, March 4, 2013

Postcards from Room 106

My grade level was getting ready to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday this week. By this time of the year, fifth graders are getting excited at the prospect of starting middle school and we read Oh, the Places You'll Go! We wanted to make a cute hall display and have each child write about a place they would visit. We lined the wall with black paper to resemble a road and made mile markers. When it was time to display the writing we needed something to make it snazzy. 
I had recently been introduced to Photoshop and thought it would be cute to make postcards. I took each student's picture in front of my white board and found an image of their destination. Next, I photoshopped each student onto their destination. Printed the postcards and hung them next to the writing samples in the hall. The kids loved them!


No comments:

Post a Comment